I had the most amazing dinner last night. It was the perfect combination of fresh and comforting. This super easy recipe can be done by anyone.
My husband really doesn't enjoy cooking fish as he complains that it is A) Difficult B) He always overcooks it and C) He thinks it makes the house smell like fish for a couple days.
Thankfully this recipe cuts out all the problems!
Because it takes no time, it's cooked in the oven and the coconut oil and milk keeps the fish plump and juicy it's a great mid week recipe.
So here it is - all you'll need is the following ingredients for 2 people:
- 2 fillets of white fish (I used Blue Grenadier for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup of crushed Macadamia nuts
- 2 TBSP of coconut meal
- 2 TBSP of coconut flakes
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil - melted
- 1 Bunch of Parsley
- 2 TBSP of coconut milk
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Sides: Cauliflower Rice (see recipe below) and Broccolini
1. Preheat the oven to 220°
2. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and either spray or drizzle olive oil. Place the fish on top and season both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Place fish in the oven for about 5 minutes.
4. Start to prepare the Cauliflower Rice by finally dicing the Cauliflower in the food processor. Mix with the desiccated coconut in a bowl and "fry" the rice in some coconut oil in a large pan on the stove while the fish continues to cook. (see below ingredients for more information)
4. In a medium bowl mix together the crushed macadamia nuts, coconut meal, coconut flakes, coconut oil and parsley.
5. Take the fish out of the oven after the 5 minutes and spread with the coconut milk on the bottom part of the fillet, then spread the nut and flour mixture and place it back onto the pan. Brush the remaining coconut milk onto the top before using your hands to press the rest of the nut and flour mixture onto the top of the fillet.
6. Return the fish into the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown while still continuing to stir through the coconut rice.
7. 5 minutes before the fish is ready put the steamer on for the broccolini or any other green vegetable. Bok Choy, Broccoli or Brussel Sprouts would suit.
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all together and fry in pan like fried rice.